incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more app loading
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:15:19 GMT
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM, kishore g <g.kishore@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agree with you. Waiting for JDK 7 is a good idea.

You are referring to JDK 8 I think. And specifically to JSR 294. I wouldn't
expect a release for JDK8 anytime soon.

> >> any thoughts on what will it take to include the dependent jars in the
> s4r
> >> package?

We could provide a gradle task that creates a s4r from a given codebase.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of the shade plugin for maven: it
generates an archive with both the application code and all related
dependencies. There is probably something similar for gradle, or a way to
use the shade plugin directly.

Matthieu