incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Meeting Minutes
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:33:54 GMT
It would be great if the two of you could create jiras for those two
tasks (zk integration, dynamic loading) so that we can track progress
and perhaps have more developers contributing. If you have a good idea
of sub-tasks, also sketch them down to make it easier for people to
jump in and contribute.

-Flavio

On Oct 12, 2011, at 2:42 AM, kishore g wrote:

> Hi Henry,
>
> I am working on the using ZK for this. I will create a JIRA and
> upload what
> I have in mind. But as Leo mentioned we will not be able to have
> this for
> initial version. And loading/unloading apps can be done independent of
> integration with ZK. If we have something working in single node
> mode, i
> should be able to invoke it in distributed mode when we get notified
> by
> Zookeeper.
>
> If you are interested in ZK part, we can start a discussion on JIRA.
>
> thanks,
> Kishore G
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Leo Neumeyer
> <leoneumeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was thinking in a roadmap like this::
>>
>> M1:
>> - Server starts with no apps.
>> - Apps are loaded during initialization, for example by searching an
>> app directory.
>> - Apps are initialized (no dependencies among apps).
>> - Apps are started.
>>
>> M2:
>> - Add dependencies among apps using EventSource.
>>
>> M3:
>> - Add runtime loading/unloading functionality
>>

>> I think you can start without ZK. I know Kishore is thinking on how
>> use use ZK but I'm not sure it is needed for now at least. Nodes are
>> symmetric and each node has identical information. All the wiring is
>> done within the node. I think that OSGI should be able to take care
>> of
>> this pretty easily (once you know OSGI). JBOSS Modules should also be
>> enough but there is no documentation and may require more time than
>> using OSGI.
>>
>> Hope you can help with this, if you prepare an initial design we can
>> iterate and give you feedback. I think you can implement a prototype
>> for M1. You would need to change Server so it loads apps dynamically.
>> I was able to run it with Modules that way.
>>
>> -leo
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com
>> >
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Leo,
>>>
>>> Sorry I miss the Skype meeting. Still looking forward to help.
>>>
>>> I would like to work on the dynamic application loading.
>>>
>>> I am thinking about having consumer API to help registering an app
>>> as
>>> ZK client but not sure if this is the direction originally in
>>> pipeline.
>>> Anyone else like would like to work on this?
>>>
>>> - Henry

>> is interested in contributing to the project. He has been working
>> with
>> Hadoop and interested in distributed stream processing. He will start
>> working on the comm layer, perhaps integrating ZK. Bruce will help
>> him get
>> started.

> [...]

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301