incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Neumeyer <lneume...@quantbench.com>
Subject Update Receiver
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 00:30:56 GMT
I refactored the code a bit and pushed to my repo:

Replaced ReceiverListener interface with Stream for clarity and to simplify.

Implemented matching of received event to target stream in Receiver using a lookup instead
of looping in the Stream. More efficient, not affetced by number of streams. I used a hash
map inside a hash map which should be efficient. To lookup:

            int appId = event.getAppId();
            int streamId = event.getStreamId();

            /*
             * Match appId and streamId in event to the target stream and pass
             * the event to the target stream. TODO: make this more efficient
             * for the case in which we send the same event to multiple PEs.
             */
            try {
                streams.get(appId).get(streamId).receiveEvent(event);

Bruce, please review when you get a chance. I tried to also move the Sender functionality
to Event but that didn't look nice at the end so I left it as is.

-leo