incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: S4 zk integration
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:22:23 GMT

On Oct 23, 2011, at 6:40 PM, Matthieu Morel wrote:

> - zookeeper data directories in tests: you seem to be doing like
> myself in
> my initialization code for zookeeper fixtures, i.e. using
> directories in
> {user.dir}/tmp  . Leo suggested to use java.io.tmpdir... so we
> should both
> use that directory!

In the case it helps, this is how we do it in BookKeeper BaseTestCase:

	ZkTmpDir = File.createTempFile("zookeeper", "test");
         ZkTmpDir.delete();
         ZkTmpDir.mkdir();

> - test package names: I started using prefixing by test.s4, in order
> avoid any confusion with other classes from code. I'm ok for
> prefixing tests
> with org.apache.s4, but I think it should at least be
> org.apache.s4.test.
> Which naming scheme do we choose?

+1 for org.apache.s4.test

-Flavio

> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 7:31 PM, kishore g <g.kishore@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I pushed in the initial code for s4-zk integration for s4-piper.
>>
>> https://github.com/leoneu/s4-piper/compare/17a2547499...9ba3013a01
>>
>> Please review and provide feedback.
>>
>> The design is very similar to what we had in earlier version of s4.
>> There
>> will be more changes on this in the next release.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Kishore G

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301