incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Neumeyer <leoneume...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting App id
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:09:16 GMT
We need to decide how to assign unique app ids to loaded apps. App   Id is an int. Here are
some thoughts.

Not needed in local mode.

Can we deploy the same s4r file for more than one owner or with diff inputs?  If yes maybe
some manifest properties should be set at deploy time. I think this is a requirement because
S4r  may have different input streams but otherwise apps can be identical.

Should the id be set by deployer tool by setting a manifest property?

How do we configure event source? By deployer tool or post deployment. We should have all
the info before deployment so it might make sense to do it before and wiring is done during
init. (if dependencies are not available, the app will fail to start).

-leo