From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: MarshalledServiceItem
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:30:27 GMT
Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 01-02-11 12:40, Dan Creswell wrote:
>> Ah, I know Sim is gonna hate this but I feel the need to retain full
>> context
>> for now....
>
> What i would prefer to see is:
> - a use case defining internet deployment
> - a proof of concept prototype implementing this use case
> - define lessons learned
>
> If it turns out that there is something in the lookup what needs
> improvement, then we can change that.
>
> Better not use internet deployment in requirements discussions before
> whe have defined what it is. Thats too vague for me.

I agree.

If implementing Internet deployment is either impossible regardless of
the proposed changes, or can be done well without them, then making the
changes would be a mistake.

The easiest way to be sure about this is a use-case and proof of concept
prototype. The prototype can be used to demonstrate how proposed River
changes contribute to implementing the use-case.

Patricia