From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build mechanisms
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:31:15 GMT
On 14 January 2011 11:25, Tom Hobbs <tvhobbs@googlemail.com> wrote:

> As a community we have gotten into the habit of making changes in the
> trunk, which is probably a mistake.  Given that we're (hopefully)
> graduating soon we should probably be making more of an effort to
> attaching patches to Jira items and branching.

No probably about it for me. I pretty much own Blitz's source code being the
only contributor with edit rights on version control but I routinely make
use of branching (or equivalent) to avoid that situation where I've got
something tightly mixed into trunk that turns out to be a horror and needs
removing again or substantial re-jigging.

I cannot see any way in which all developing on trunk regardless of size of
change is going to work for multiple contributors....