From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Space/outrigger suggestions (remote iterator vs. collection)
Date Sun, 26 Dec 2010 12:40:00 GMT
On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Sim IJskes - QCG <sim@qcg.nl> wrote:

> Could we use xml? XML based processing is already in the java rt and it
> saves us another dependency. If things need to be tooled in a later stage i
> would prefer xml. To be honest, coding in DOM will cause me to tear at least
> a few hairs out, and JDOM is my favorite (which will cause another
> dependency).
>
> To be honest, my preference for XML is a purely emotional one.

Short list;
JSON pros over XML;
 * Most of the time less verbose
 * Parsing much faster and less resource intensive

XML pros over XML
 * Namespaces

In my current main project (Qi4j) we rely quite heavily on JSON, and
at the same time we want as few dependencies as possible. Solution;
Copy-Paste an implementation into our sources. It isn't rocket science
to get JSON right.

That said; I leave it to you guys to work what you want.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I live here; http://tinyurl.com/3xugrbk