From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Space/outrigger suggestions (remote iterator vs. collection)
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 22:51:32 GMT
> I also prefer JDOM for my Java XML processing. That is why I was not
> taking into account the dependency issue.
>
> Do you think performance tests should be part of the distribution? I was
> thinking of them as an internal tool, but there is some value in getting
> them into the hands of users.

I'm a bit of a code horder. Tooling that is used during development, put
it in. Just document it's a tool and not part of the runtime. Maybe
things like performance change, and somebody else would like to retest
the assumptions made before. Or somebody has a totally different setup
than you, or just want to repeat the tests.

>> To be honest, my preference for XML is a purely emotional one.
>
> There is one idea I've found very effective that I don't think would
> work so well with JSON. I used XML for both input and output language
> for my simulations. That way, I could do things like including the input
> parameters in the output, and trivially regenerate the input file if I
> wanted to re-run a test.

Or just code some poor mans persistence with jaxb. I've used it to
inspect intermediate large datastructures with grep/awk/wc etc.

And a XSLT with FOP or docbook and you have a nice PDF.

Gr. Sim