From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject QA tests and spaces in file names
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 02:52:04 GMT
On of the simplifying steps I took to try to set up River development on
a Windows box was use of a space-free path. I have since retested under
"My Documents" and get QA test failures of the form:

      [java] com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException:
      [java]
getResource(com/sun/jini/test/spec/loader/util/resources/files/file02)
      [java]
returned:jar:file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/apache_development/checkout/jtsk/trunk/qa/lib/jinitests.jar!/com/sun/jini/test/spec/loader/util/resources/files/file02
      [java]    expected:jar:file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Administrator/My
Documents/apache_development/checkout/jtsk/trunk/qa/lib/jinitests.jar!/com/sun/jini/test/spec/loader/util/resources/files/file02
      [java] 	at
com.sun.jini.test.spec.loader.pref.preferredClassLoader.GetResources.testCase(Unknown
Source)
      [java] 	at
com.sun.jini.test.spec.loader.pref.preferredClassLoader.GetResources.run(Unknown
Source)
      [java] 	at com.sun.jini.qa.harness.MasterTest.doTest(Unknown Source)
      [java] 	at com.sun.jini.qa.harness.MasterTest.main(Unknown Source)

The expected URL leaves the spaces as spaces. The returned URL has the
spaces replaced, as is normal inside a URL, by %20.

Patricia