From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: Maven Artefacts RIVER-317 - AR2 Release
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 19:07:36 GMT
Dennis Reedy wrote:
> Hi Gregg,
>
> To a certain extent I think having an archive would make sense, but as
> it relates to Maven created service artifacts I am not so sure.

I am not trying to focus this issue on solving anything related to maven.
Instead, I am trying to discover what people think about creating an archive
structure that could then be used for service deployment into various
environments.  Clearly, we could provide an archive assembler that used maven
for managing the content of what was placed in the archive.

The generation of the archive is one issue.  But, on the other end is the
consumption, and that's where I'd like to initially focus the discussion.  I
think that if we feel like it is something that the containers and deployment
environments could use, and benefit from, than we can talk about providing such
archives as a maven component from the river build.

I'd like to discuss deployment issues regarding packaging, managing various
pieces of a service deployment in particular environments, and solutions people
have put together to see if there really is a place for such a thing, or if I'm
just barking up the wrong tree.

Gregg Wonderly