From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Deciding the Future
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 05:07:02 GMT
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Dan Rollo <danrollo@gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed you created a branch (which I'm guessing is for POC of this sort
> of work). Could you send out an email when you have such a branch ready
> enough for others to tinker with?

Well, in fact I want to tinker myself... And have done so on my
locally checked-out copy, and without regards to compatibility,
completeness and test compliance (yet).

1. Yes, I also prefer Maven, especially since it allows for better
modularization, such as enforcement of no-cyclic deps.

2. Structure101 reports a couple of architectural 'badness', which are
quite easily fixed by moving a few things around.

3. I like modularization. Jini is quite good, and hat of to the Sun
team who manage to keep the architectural structure as nice as it is
even though it sits in s single codebase tree. I have started to break
things out into separate modules. Still more to do.

4. I have not tackled the -dl.jar issue yet. IMHO, I would have them
as separate Maven modules, as then the dependency for clients become
crystal clear.

I *could* commit what I have, although it is not complete in many
ways, will get a lot of flack for some incompatibilities, and so on...
I don't expect the branch to survive, and should probably been given a
name to illustrate that.

Cheers
Niclas