From Dan Creswell <...@dcrdev.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Split JavaSpaces and JINI
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:08:29 GMT
Michael McGrady wrote:
> Imagine that in order to use Log4J you had to setup JINI because an
> interface important to Log4J were in JINI.  This problem would not be

So you are complaining that making use of Entry requires you setup Jini?

Not true - the reason you must setup Jini is to discover your JavaSpace
because there is no other mechanism for that right now.  It's not a
direct result of including Entry.  It's a direct result of running a
JavaSpace that wants to do discovery/join.

So it seems to me we're not talking architecture at all.  We're talking
about providing a .jar with all dependencies and providing a
non-networked lookup implementation to slot in.

And thus I claim you confuse packaging and implementation (physical
details) with architecture.