From Frank Barnaby <Frank.Barn...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Vote] Apache River 2.1.1 Incubating Release
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:45:42 GMT

On Jan 14, 2008, at 06:14, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
> On Jan 14, 2008 12:58 PM, sebb <> wrote:
>> The NOTICE files need to be updated for 2008, i.e. replace 2007 with
>> 2007-2008 on line 3.
> The release was rolled on Jan 4th and there are no code changes since
> 2007, so I'd consider this at best a minor issue, probably even better
> to let the date remain 2007.
>> The hash files use a format which is difficult to use, as the hashes
>> may be split over two lines.
> Not a blocker IMHO, but something we may want to change in future
> releases.

GnuPG split the output into two lines because of the length of
prefixed file name.  This is trivial to fix.

> I guess the checksums were generated with default Solaris tools. You
> can use "openssl md5" and "openssl sha1" to generate checksum output
> in the format Sebastian described.

I used GnuPG to generate the checksums, an option suggested in
the release signing doc:

>> Also the SHA1 hashes normally have the suffix ".sha1" rather than
>> ".sha"
> Actually the suffix should be ".sha" and not ".sha1". See the "not
> normative" policy (a recommendation? :-) described in

The .sha extension is also mentioned in the in the SHA section
of the release signing doc:

> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

View raw message