From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: River project home
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:50:16 GMT
I didn't have anything to do with the decision, but I like
Confluence, which allows you to edit your site via a wiki interface
and automatically publish the site via static pages generated from
the wiki. Take a look at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/openjpa/Index
http://openjpa.apache.org/

Unfortunately I can't help on the infrastructure aspects of this
alternative.

Craig

On Sep 14, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> We're needing to make some (ahem) "improvements"
> to our project home page:  <http://incubator.apache.org/river/>
> such as, having some real content!
>
> The content is more important (right now, IMO) than the project
> layout, but I am looking for opinions (or better yet, people who
> might want to help) on site infrastructure.
>
> Geir setup our original project web area with (I believe) velocity
> (<http://velocity.apache.org>).  There are some other projects at
> Apache with nice sites, for example the openjpa project (see:
> <http://openjpa.apache.org>) which uses confluence wiki.
>
> I'd lean towards the wiki format for our project area, but would
> like to know what others think before we make any changes.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts you can share.
>
> -Jim

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com