From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Apache River Roadmap
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:43:49 GMT
I'm not sure I have much to add, except to say that I agree with many
of Dan's *and* Mark's comments.  Perhaps that's because I see them
working at different levels in parallel.

We each come to this project for different reasons.  In my case, some
reasons are selfish and some less so.

We also come to this project with different talents and interests.
Mine happen to be testing - typically a more low level, back-end
activity.  Others seem to have talent/interest in higher level, up-
front vision/direction/program management, others in coding/bug
fixing.  All of these talents and interests are needed and can (and
should) be applied in parallel.

So, to Dan's original questions trying to address longer term vision/
goals (what are we going to do with River? etc.).  Should we have a
vision/goals?  Yes.  Am I personally interested in helping define/
refine them?  Not really, but I hope others have the interest/talent/
vision to see this through.  Can other activities occur while goals
are being defined?  Sure.

Dan, you've already got +1 from a number of people on your comments.
Perhaps you should open a JIRA (Issue Type Task) and attach an
initial cut at answering your questions that can then be debated.

Cheers,
Nige