incubator-rat-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: Future For Rat...?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:28:06 GMT
On 17 June 2011 14:01, Stefan Bodewig <> wrote:
> On 2011-06-15, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>> (My recovery has progressed, and I have now enough computer time -
>> around 4 hours per day but not continuous - to start some coding and
>> Apache stuff again :-)
> Good to hear that.

>> I'm involved with some release and build wrangling over at James (and
>> probably in the OO.o podling as well). I'm likely to need to start on
>> some new tools related to Rat (similar to tools they have over in
>> Lucene-land which might come this way).
> What kind of tools are these and how do they relate to Rat?  I still
> have difficulties seeing what sort of TLP that could be.

There are other possible release-related tools.

For example, checking hashes and sigs.
Checking source archive content against SVN.
Checking jars contain N &L files, and that the manifest has suitable
Specification and/or Implementation entries

Also, checking SVN properties (eol-style etc).

>> TLP? Opinions?
>> And how close is Rat to being able to graduate?
> Rat has been in bugfix-only (if anything at all) mode for quite some
> time now and to me it oscilates between being ready to graduate and
> being ready to go to the Attic.
> Stefan

View raw message