incubator-rat-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Future For Rat...?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:01:08 GMT
On 2011-06-15, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> (My recovery has progressed, and I have now enough computer time -
> around 4 hours per day but not continuous - to start some coding and
> Apache stuff again :-)

Good to hear that.

> I'm involved with some release and build wrangling over at James (and
> probably in the OO.o podling as well). I'm likely to need to start on
> some new tools related to Rat (similar to tools they have over in
> Lucene-land which might come this way).

What kind of tools are these and how do they relate to Rat?  I still
have difficulties seeing what sort of TLP that could be.

> TLP? Opinions?

> And how close is Rat to being able to graduate?

Rat has been in bugfix-only (if anything at all) mode for quite some
time now and to me it oscilates between being ready to graduate and
being ready to go to the Attic.

Stefan