incubator-rat-dev mailing list archives

From Marija Šljivović <mak...@gmail.com>
Subject apache-rat-pd
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:03:32 GMT
Hi!
I am working on copy&paste(plagiarism) detector.
You  can see information about project and reports of my progress on this
locations:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/MarijaSljivovic/SoC2009ApacheRatProposal
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-45
or get source code and binary distributions on:
http://code.google.com/p/apache-rat-pd/
I think now to make some misspellings heuristic checkers. This algorithms
will be able to notice some misspelled words in source code.
Then this part of code will be sent to some of code search
engines(GoogleCodeSearch for example) to check if it can find any similar
misspellings in public code bases.
On that way we can check possibility if code part is plagiarised.
Now i search for an open source library which can be used for this task. I
found one: jazzy ( http://jazzy.sourceforge.net/ ) and I think that it is
good for this purpose.
Any suggestion for other solution that is better then jazzy?
Work on apache-rat-pd(plagiarism detector) is continuing. If you have any
suggestions or advice, please say.
Best regards,
Marija