From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: architecture questions
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:58:05 GMT
Would it be better if we define a set of basic scenarios/functionality
we want to have for PhotArk 0.1, and then we start expanding and
choosing the best design/technology to use during implementation ? I
guess this would allow us to have the right questions to allow us to
properly  pick/choose design, technology, etc

Also, I was wondering if I should move the sample code I had started
in Tuscany to our new photArk svn repo

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Roland Weber schrieb:
>>
>> Hi Angie,
>>
>> happy hacking :-)
>>
>> As I understand it, you are currently working from
>> Luciano's Tuscany-based codebase, hence the ? arrow.
>> Unless you have way too much time on your hands, I
>> would stick with that architecture until the layout
>> of the repository is stabilized.
>> Regarding the ? box, I also don't see a layer there.
>> Sling is meant to access JCR directly, if I am not
>> mistaken. Of course one should have a few helper
>> interfaces or classes that define the repository
>> layout, but these are utilities and not an access
>> layer that separates the front-end from the repository.
>
> Yes, Sling accesses the repository directly and maps it into its own
> abstraction called the Resource tree. Each Resource retrieved from the
> Resource tree by means of the so-called ResourceResolver can be adapted to
> other objects.
>
> For example if a Resource is backed by a JCR node, you can adapt it to the
> Node interface and get the backing node. If you employ Jackrabbit Object
> Content Mapping (OCM) you may also adapt to the object classes mapped by the
> content. This gives you seemless access to the repository data as raw JCR
> items or as mapped business objects.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards
> Felix
>

>> Maybe you want to put a small "access control" box
>> into the JCR box?
>>
>> cheers,
>>  Roland

Luciano Resende