From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: looking for a new name
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 05:36:00 GMT
I can't really comment on the infringing/not infringing case for
PicaGalley, but, as Noel said, I would also be OK if we continue with
PicaGalley if there is somewhat consensus on it.

As for new names, oh man, I have really thought, but couldn't really
get something new, that catch the attention, and stick to your mind...
and it's not take yet :)

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
> PicaGalley or ...
>
>> MemoPics
>> Imagery
>> Image Barn
>> Image Stable (searching for "image stable software" sucks)
>> PhotoGarten  (photogarten.de is not about software)
>
> Photo Corral, but that's also taken.
>
> PhotoZon
>
> PhotArk -- I kinda like this one.  A bit of a play on archive / Ark.
>
> I also liked ArkLive, but someone may have that -- not sure.
>
> But I'm also satisfied to stick with PicaGalley, if that's what folks want.
> I just don't believe that there is a collision with Picassa.
>
>        --- Noel

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende