From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR implementation
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 04:34:20 GMT
On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Angela Cymbalak <a.cymbalak@nechtan.org> wrote:
> Its been a few days but I have the extraordinarily basic JCR implementation
> finished.  It just reads a directory and puts the .jpg files that it finds
> in that directory into the JCR.  I can generate the list of strings that
> Luciano's tuscany app needs.  After that, I get more unsure.

Great that you were able to make progress .... ready for a patch ?

> In the photo-gallery.composite file there is the section:
>
>        <component name="GalleryPictures">
>                <t:implementation.resource
> location="gallery"></t:implementation.resource>
>        </component>
>
> I believe this is the section that tells Tuscany where to actually serve the
> images from.

You got it right, implementation.resources is basically used serve the
resources using http.

> I believe that this needs to be changed into something that
> more closely resembles the Album component, with an actual class definition,
> in order to get the images out of the JCR instead of from the file system.

Yes, i think we need a JCR Album, and them wire the application to use
this new implementation.
As for serving the images from JCR, I think there is a simple way
solve the issue by implementing a simple "rest get interface"  that in
conjunction with the http binding should serve the images for us...
I'll take a look at this...

> I'll sleep on it, but if any help magically comes my way overnight (even in
> the form of a pointer to the appropriate Tuscany docs) it would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Angie

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer