From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: architecture questions
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:29:05 GMT
Hi all,

Luciano Resende wrote:
> Also, I was wondering if I should move the sample code I had started
> in Tuscany to our new photArk svn repo

Nope, we can't use that yet. Infrastructure requires that the
'commits' list has a complete audit trail of all repository commits.
Please don't use the repo until our own commits list is up and
the repo is configured to send there. We don't want to ask
infra to merge individual commit messages from another list.

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Yes, Sling accesses the repository directly and maps it into its own
>> abstraction called the Resource tree. Each Resource retrieved from the
>> Resource tree by means of the so-called ResourceResolver can be adapted to
>> other objects.
>>
>> For example if a Resource is backed by a JCR node, you can adapt it to the
>> Node interface and get the backing node. If you employ Jackrabbit Object
>> Content Mapping (OCM) you may also adapt to the object classes mapped by the
>> content. This gives you seemless access to the repository data as raw JCR
>> items or as mapped business objects.
>>
>> Hope this helps.

Thanks!

cheers,