From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: looking for a new name
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:37:27 GMT
Angela Cymbalak wrote:
> It isn't just me, its everyone!   It isn't *my* project.

Fair enough. There's you and Luciano on the committers list.
Noel also stated his preference. I'm making suggestions,
but I won't make a decision on the name myself.

> I am good with
> sticking with PicaGalley and for good measure I can send an email to
> Google asking their thoughts.  I just have to find the right people to
> talk to there.

I doubt there are the right people for this kind of question.
A trademark lawyer might tell you that you are infringing,
or that (s)he believes you are infringing, or that you might
be infringing, but don't expect a response that you're not
infringing. Unless it's obvious, but then why would you ask?

> We have made a good faith effort but have found no
> reasonable alternative.  If those who have concerns would like to help
> find a new name we can reopen the discussion, but for now I would say we
> are in the clear.

OK. I'll give it two or three more days, maybe Luciano
wants to chime in once more. Or somebody else has
another idea. If not, I'll tally the vote later this week.

cheers,
   Roland