From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: looking for a new name
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 15:18:16 GMT
Angela Cymbalak wrote:
> There was a company named Blur Software but they appear to be going out
> of business (www.blursoftware.com).  I think that Apache Blur would
> work...other thoughts?

I would associate "Blur" rather with a painting program.
To get an association with "multiple pictures", I thought
about "Collage", but searching for the combination with
software brings up plenty of photo related hits.

My most recent idea, Pinacotheca, is not so original
either... though there's not even a description
of what the project is supposed to offer:
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/pinacotheca/
The project was registered 2007-May-14 and has shown
exactly no activity in over a year. No files, no posts
in the forum, not even a project description. So we
could claim the name as effectively unused. It wouldn't
hurt to try and contact the two people registered as
developers there if you like the name.

cheers,
   Roland