From Angela Cymbalak <a.cymba...@nechtan.org>
Subject architecture questions
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:10:32 GMT
As much fun as setting up resources can be, I was hoping to get my
hands a bit dirty in the next few days.  The thought occurred to me
that we have a lot of functionality that we would like to put into
the gallery.  As I was thinking about this, I feel like I might be
missing a piece, or else I just need coffee.

There are 2 jpg files at http://www.nechtan.org/caitrin/  The first
is an ultra simple architecture diagram.  The second is just a list
right now of the JCR schema.   On the architecture diagram there is a
question mark at the one arrow.  This arrow is currently the way we
are viewing the repository.  Should the arrow stay?  The second
question is between the JCR and the interfaces.  It doesn't seem to
me like there is anything to put there which is seeming wrong.  I
can't explain why I think it is wrong though which leads me to
believe it might be right.  It also might be fun and interesting,
although I don't know if it would work and I haven't read nearly
enough yet....would it be possible to read/write xml files from the
sling interface and have tuscany utilize those files?  "Why would you
do that?" one might ask.  Answer: To take advantage of the different
protocols that WS can run over.  Basically, you would be making a
RESTful interface an active interface for the applications it was needed for.

The files for the drawings is also available on the page as an
OpenDocument Drawing so that others can update it as needed.

Angie