From Angela Cymbalak <a.cymba...@nechtan.org>
Subject the Apache way to do things
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 18:47:14 GMT
I have two "Apache way" questions:

1.  It appears that within the community no one objects to Apache
Blur.  Can I put out a [vote] thread on general@ to the effect of:

We acknowledge that there is some concern over the name
PicaGalley.  After discussions we have decided on the alternative
name Apache Blur.  Please vote you opinion below.  Everyone's vote is
binding for this vote.

[ ] +1 Apache PicaGalley
[ ] +1 Apache Blur
[ ] 0 Don't care
[ ] -1 I don't like either name

The vote is different from all that I have seen due to having two
choices and I think that anyone on the general list should have a say in it.

2.  Right now I have opened a bug within JIRA for Tuscany because of
an issue combining Tuscany and Jackrabbit.  I think that I have
narrowed down that the issue is actually within Jackrabbit.
2a.  Does JIRA allow you to select 2 distinct products when opening a
problem?  I didn't want to try it and then upset someone because of
question 2b.
2b.  If yes to 2a, is it akin to cross posting on the mail lists
(very bad idea) to select both Jackrabbit and Tuscany as the product
in question?  At the moment I am working the issue but I want to keep
JIRA updated correctly.

Thanks for the Apache lesson. :-)

Angie