From Angela Cymbalak <a.cymba...@nechtan.org>
Subject Re: updates to proposal (was: Codebases and Tidbits and Moving towards a proposed vote)
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:46:09 GMT
Our thought was to use both Sling and a WS interface for slightly
different purposes.

The thought is to use Sling for the main default viewer.  However, we
want to expose everything as a Web service for two reasons:

1. Allow those who want a different form of display to interact with
the WS.  This would allow for really any additional type of interface
to be written (i.e. flex, ajax, etc.)

2. Allow other services to interact with the gallery.  The specific
example we were thinking of are the companies that allow you to order
things with photos on them.  We'd like to be able to allow
interaction with these services.

Noel, do I have all that correct?

Angie