From Angela Cymbalak <a.cymba...@nechtan.org>
Subject RE: photo gallery architecture
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 16:25:56 GMT
oops...

photographer was supposed to be in that list, not looking like a
title after my name.

I know what you mean about create date.  I call it create date but
maybe we just want to have a few flexible date fields that can be utilized?

I think that we want to store two images the original and the
thumbnail.  But, then it is possible to add code that will allow you
to derive the additional sizes in between.  I used a package called
ImageInfo as part of Caitrin.  It is some open source code that I
found.  I used it to even get the thumbnail sizing.

Of course, we could add an EXIF reader to collect the metadata the
camera adds to the photo.  It would be much easier on the end user
than having to manually add all of it.

I would think we would want a fairly exhaustive list of possible
things that people would want to keep in addition to the
photograph.  That way we minimize the number of changes to the
repository we may have to make in the future to accommodate all the data.

Angie