From "Martin Cooper" <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: photo gallery architecture
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:35:29 GMT
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Angela Cymbalak <a.cymbalak@nechtan.org>
wrote:

> It appears that we are set on JCR and then maybe Sling and Tuscany.  The
> RESTful interface is going to be best for direct viewing of the photo
> gallery and then the WS interface will be available for whatever anyone
> wants to use it for (process type transactions probably).  What is the
> design of the JCR repository going to be?  What information needs to be
> collected for each photo?
>
> my quick suggestions:
> photo
> thumbnail
> create date
> caption
> tags

Depends on how much you want to take on, really. Most digital cameras, and
especially DSLRs, provide a whole slew of metadata in addition to the
image(s). That might be important information for some people, although for
others it would be irrelevant.

Also, some of the attributes mentioned above are not always as obvious as
they might seem. For example, what does 'create date' mean? The date the
original photo was shot, the date it was last edited, or the date it was
added to the content repository? Are two image sizes (original and
thumbnail) sufficient, or would you want other sizes in between?

Just some more food for thought.

--
Martin Cooper