From Ruben Nafrap <ruben_naf...@yahoo.com>
Subject C# version of Jakarta-Commons-Codec (1.3)
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 04:53:33 GMT
Hello,

I program Java for a living but recently have been involved in a C# project at work. I've
always wanted to contribute back to the open-source community (you probably have heard this
ad nauseum from others =).

I've started writing in C# one of the utilities in the Jakarta-Commons-Codec project, which
is the URLCodec. It's about 90% complete including unit (NUnit) tests. I basically look at
the Java code and write them in C#.

I've noticed there is already a log4net project. Is there a similar undertaking being discussed
for the other Jakarta-Commons project? I'd love to participate, specifically starting on the
Codec project.

Please advise.

Ruben