From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [AltRMI] Some CVS work
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 13:58:42 GMT
Paul,

I saw your e-mail here, but I didn't notice any responses.  Can you tell me
the current status of the AltRMI community?

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hammant [mailto:Paul@Hammant.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 19:52
To: projects@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [AltRMI] Some CVS work

Folks,

I've moved the src directory to legacy/src and deleted the ant and
forrest files from the root.

There are still some Java files in the legacy/src/java dir. This is
because there some things from the old that have not arrived in the new
mavenized structure. Some (if not most) of these were too experimental
and marginal to be considered releasable.

Open Questions beffore 1.0 label...

1) How do we mark the callback facility as "in need of rewrite and very
experimental".  Vinay and I chatted about 'deprecated'
2) Proxy generators.  Move on from BCEL ? Goovy good for this purpose?
Or maybe not because a generated class on the server side may be too
Goovy entangled to be serialized and sent to the client side.  - We need
to look and see if this is the case.
3) Is the test coverage high enough?
4) Have we proven the throughput or saturation tested the beast enough?
5) Has anything been left out in the move to Maven from Ant that is
really needed now?

- Paul