From Edward Flick <e...@cdf-imaging.com>
Subject Re: [AltRMI] Some CVS work
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 17:59:51 GMT
Hello,
I'm still here.  Not an official member or anything like that.  But I
was for a time implementing a security model for AltRMI based on SASL.
Unfortunately, life makes things hard for me to work on projects I like.
  Stuff like getting married, being given 1 month move out of your house
because your landlady can't "afford to keep the house" anymore, having
work change directions so that you can't work on AltRMI at work anymore,
etc.  But thats just my excuses I'm just now starting to come into a
little free time at home.  But I'm not just yet ready to start back up
where I left off.  I wouldn't be offended if someone else did the
security stuff, but I have planned on returning to it, eventually.

Edward Flick

Paul Hammant wrote:

> Noel,
>
> No there are more than two of us.  I should nudge the others.
>
> We're not anywhere near leaving the incubator. I think we should release
> 1.0 first. No hurry, is what I'm trying to get across.
>
> I'll invite all the newbies to the list, as you say.
>
> - Paul
>
>> Paul,
>>
>> Is it just the two of you?  What can we do to increase the size of the
>> AltRMI community?  Do you have a desired destination for once AltRMI
>> would
>> leave the Incubator?
>>
>> Perhaps you should also those people who e-mail you to sign onto the
>> mailing
>> list, so that a community evolves, rather than just off-list
>> discussion with
>> you.
>>
>>     --- Noel

>>> experimental".  Vinay and I chatted about 'deprecated'
>>> 2) Proxy generators.  Move on from BCEL ? Goovy good for this purpose?
>>> Or maybe not because a generated class on the server side may be too
>>> Goovy entangled to be serialized and sent to the client side.  - We need
>>> to look and see if this is the case.
>>> 3) Is the test coverage high enough?
>>> 4) Have we proven the throughput or saturation tested the beast enough?