From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject [altrmi] Status
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:12:43 GMT

Paul, my SMTP host doesn't resolve, so your mail server rejects it, so I send
here...

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 15:54, you wrote:
> Sorry dude, I am being dense with what you mean by property.

Have an expression for that "Too Dump for Gump", which I feel myself all the
time... :o)

> I have to change something inside the maven project .xml scripts for
> AltRMI?

        <ant target="jars">
            <depend property="excalibur.jar" project="excalibur-pool"/>
            <property name="version" value="@@DATE@@"/>
            <property name="junit.failonerror" value="true"/>
            <property name="do.checkstyle" value="true"/>
            <property name="skip.dependencies" value="true"/>
        </ant>

You had this in gump/project/incubator-altrmi.xml and when I changed the
excalibur-pool descriptor, because excalibur-pool har been broken into an
"api" and an "impl" Jar, Gump can not resolve to which one of those to assign
to the property value.

SO, just to get around it for the time being I modified it to;
        <ant target="jars">
            <property name="version" value="@@DATE@@"/>
            <property name="junit.failonerror" value="true"/>
            <property name="do.checkstyle" value="true"/>
            <property name="skip.dependencies" value="true"/>
        </ant>
        <depend project="excalibur-pool"/>

which means that both the Jars are included in the build, but no property is
assign for Ant property. Bodewig suggest that you MAY use the property to
copy the Jars around, in which case your build script needs to be modified to
deal with the excalibur-pool-api.jar and excalibur-pool.impl.jar explicitly.

If you are using Maven now, I think you don't need to do anything.

Cheers
Niclas