From Paul Hammant <P...@ThoughtWorks.net>
Subject Re: [AltRMI] Callbacks and Direct transports
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 07:42:15 GMT
Vinay,

>>Ooops :-)
>>

>No problem. But should we thus delete direct+callbacks
>and place it in the transport/ folder.?
>

>>How would you add the classes back to
>>altrmi-client-impl and
>>altrmi-server-impl respectively ?  Some Jelly magic
>>?
>>

>We wont.
>We would be creating
>altrmi-transport-direct-client.jar and
>altrmi-transport-direct-server.jar.

Well herin lies the root of our problem.

I agree that your way is cleaner regarding dependancies, but my way is
better regarding numbers of jars (and gives us back the original design).

ClassFoo is a bit messy, but I bet I can make a better (clean) design
for the instantiation and delete ClassFoo.

>These two modules ,direct/client+direct/server, will
>in turn depend on client-* and server-* as deemed
>neccessary and would be triggered by the maven build.
>(all we have to do is put these in the existing
>reactor
>in the root level,and alls taken care of).
>The integration tests for these two would reside
>within
>the common integrationtests/ module.
>
>So finally :-
>#1 Do we delete your direct+callback checkins and move
>it over to direct+callback folders?
>#2 BTW Is it fine to include a examples/ module?

I'm not sure we should be so hasty dude, after all I have it all
compiling... (just that one bug)

>>I'm still trying to debug it (from time to time).
>>
>>I know it is something to do with the
>>readwriters....
>>

>Yup!..It always is a jugglery of writers+readers.

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...