From Vinay Chandran <vinay...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [AltRMI] Callbacks and Direct transports
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 04:59:08 GMT
Paul,

IMHO direct and callback transports ought to go into
the transports project.
I had placeholders for the same.
Check out the incubator-altrmi/transports/.

Infact I have both the direct as well as the callback
transports (with the failing testcase) prepared
locally & was going to check that into the transports/
sub-project over the weekend.
Morevoer its much cleaner to place it within
transports/ module  since that removes sub-proj
dependency issues too along with separate jars for
these transports and thus much cleaner (accord' to
me).
What do you folks think about it ?

Moreover I intend to create a examples/ sub-project to
get basic examples going for all of the features that
we are providing. (Have started simple callback
example which I shall try to get to work and in the
process fix the callback transport,unless someone else
gets it
much before me).

So the examples/ module goes like this :-
examples/
   +- socket/
   +- generators/
   +- callbacks/
   +- authentication/
   +- pingers/

How does this sound? More thoughts on structuring out
the examples/ ?

Regards,
Vinay