From Paul Hammant <P...@ThoughtWorks.net>
Subject Re: [AltRMI] 0.9.8-snapshot checked in
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:49:53 GMT
Vinay,

>Folks,
>I have checked in the various altrmi modules along
>with their respective Maven
>descriptors.(0.9.8-snapshot version)
>
>Do let me know if there are any issues in building
>AltRMI from scratch using Maven.
>Details on how to built are provided in readme.txt.

Quality dude.  It works a treat for me.

>I have not removed the previous codebase though.

Perhaps what we should do is delete individual classes as they have
equivalence in the new directories. I am guessing that only some unit
tests remain un-migrated.  Clearly now we have a division between unit
tests and integration tests (which is great).  I.e. it is not import and
for the old src/java and src/test to be compilable.

We can also hook up things like Clover to tell us where our coverage is
missing. Then we can back fill unit tests and make really hardened
AltRMI.  Great times ahead. I'll start with some new unit tests on
Sunday (my next window of opportunity).

Regards,

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...