From Peter Klotz <pkl...@iconet.wn.bawue.de>
Subject FTP Server and RMI
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:55:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the Avalon FTP server, which is using RMI to communicate with
its admin UI. Now I had RMI used in the same project using Rmification
from Cornerstone. What happend was that both components wanted to start
a RMI registry. Well, so I tried to give both of them a own port, which
worked e.g. FTP has 1099, Rmification has 1098.
But when remote-admin was enabled I got exceptions.

So my proposal would be that FTP server use the cornerstone Rmification
RMI-registry component instead of starting one by itself! That would
remove this double registry and be a good example of component reuse, or?

Best regards, Peter