From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [altrmi] Bug in AbstractCompleteSocketStreamServer
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:14:43 GMT
On Saturday, March 15, 2003, at 06:25  PM, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Saturday, March 15, 2003, at 05:55  PM, Paul Hammant wrote:
>> Ooooh, been looking for something like that. Marathon (
>> http://marathonman.sourceforge.net/ ) is being bugged by an issue
>> that sounds like it be caused by that.
>>
>> Lets go for START & STOP. The intermediate states were just just
>> over-design anyway.

I left starting, its in that state briefly while creating the server
socket.

>> Clearly a case of a missing or malfunctionig unit test.....
>
> I'll make one.. i was offline when i found and fixed it and had to
> comment out the unit tests since i needed to upgrade my junit.

Malfunctioning. The original test appears to hang on my machine. With
the fix, that specific test passes (CustomStreamTestCase), but there
are errors in teardown wrt the gc message sent during finalization. I
could not get it to go away.
-pete