From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Storing metadata of photoes
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 18:44:09 GMT
On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 6:34 AM, Prabhath Suminda
<pathiranappps@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> In my project I need to implement a mechanism to store metadata of
> the photos. I have considered several options like a database, separate
> files for each photos (e.g XML file). So can you give suggestions on what
> is the best way. I think a database would be better because then we can
> create complex queries. If we are going to use a database what will be the
> best option (MySQL, SQLite, etc.)
>
> Regards,
> Prabhath

We should start designing the storage solution on the mailing list,
AFAIK the solution is going to be running on the mobile device, which
probably already have some type of storage available for applications
(e.g. see HTML5 storage APIs article [1]). Also, if this is going to
be part of the phonegap client, we need to see how this would work
together with metadata from remote albums and it need to be in sync
with the remote information when new albums get added or existing one
gets modified.

[1] http://www.adobe.com/devnet/html5/articles/html5-storage-apis.html

--
Luciano Resende