incubator-photark-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Umashanthi Pavalanathan <umashant...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues in accessing REST Services
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 14:53:11 GMT
Hi Devs,

I added a UI component to the REST branch to implement UI features for the
social component. I build a war out of it and deployed in tomcat.
The configurations as below:
 (1) Composite file: I have this in path
"/photark-social/src/main/resources/personservice.composite"
<composite xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912"
xmlns:tuscany="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.1"
 targetNamespace="http://org.apache.photoark"
name="people">

    <!-- Component responsible for providing JCR Management Support -->
    <component name="RepositoryManager">
<implementation.java
class="org.apache.photark.services.jcr.JCRRepositoryManager"/>
 <property name="repositoryHome">target/photark</property>
</component>
 <component name="PersonServiceComponent">
<implementation.java
class="org.apache.photark.social.services.impl.JCRPersonServiceImpl "/>
 <service name="PersonService">
<tuscany:binding.rest uri="/people">
    <tuscany:operationSelector.jaxrs />
     </tuscany:binding.rest>
   </service>
   <reference name="repositoryManager" target="RepositoryManager" />
 </component>
</composite>

(2) Service interface PersonService has method and JCRPersonServiceImpl has
the implementation of this method
@GET
@Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
@Path("/people/{userId}/@self")
 Person getPerson(@PathParam("userId") String personId, String[] fields)
throws PhotArkSocialException;

When I tried with the following request from the UI, I am getting 404
resource not found error.

(3)
userId = "admin"; // need to retrieve the userId of the loggen in user
 var xhrArgs = {
url : "/people/" + userId + "/@self",
 handleAs : "json",
headers : {
"Accept" : "application/json"
 }
};
var deferred = dojo.xhrGet(xhrArgs);
 deferred.addCallback(getPersonCallback);
deferred.addErrback(function(error) {
 alert("An unexpected error occurred: " + error);
});

It would be great if you can let me know the possible changes to be done to
make this working.


Thanks,
~Umashanthi

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message