From Umashanthi Pavalanathan <umashant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues in accessing REST Services
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 15:47:14 GMT
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Umashanthi Pavalanathan
> <umashanthip@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Devs,
> >
> > I added a UI component to the REST branch to implement UI features for
> the
> > social component. I build a war out of it and deployed in tomcat.
> > The configurations as below:
> >  (1) Composite file: I have this in path
> > "/photark-social/src/main/resources/personservice.composite"
> > <composite xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912"
> > xmlns:tuscany="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.1"
> >  targetNamespace="http://org.apache.photoark"
> > name="people">
> >
> >    <!-- Component responsible for providing JCR Management Support -->
> >    <component name="RepositoryManager">
> > <implementation.java
> > class="org.apache.photark.services.jcr.JCRRepositoryManager"/>
> >  <property name="repositoryHome">target/photark</property>
> > </component>
> >  <component name="PersonServiceComponent">
> > <implementation.java
> > class="org.apache.photark.social.services.impl.JCRPersonServiceImpl "/>
> >  <service name="PersonService">
> > <tuscany:binding.rest uri="/people">
> >    <tuscany:operationSelector.jaxrs />
> >     </tuscany:binding.rest>
> >   </service>
> >   <reference name="repositoryManager" target="RepositoryManager" />
> >  </component>
> > </composite>
> >
> > (2) Service interface PersonService has method and JCRPersonServiceImpl
> has
> > the implementation of this method
> > @GET
> > @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
> > @Path("/people/{userId}/@self")
> >  Person getPerson(@PathParam("userId") String personId, String[] fields)
> > throws PhotArkSocialException;
> >
> > When I tried with the following request from the UI, I am getting 404
> > resource not found error.
> >
> > (3)
> > userId = "admin"; // need to retrieve the userId of the loggen in user
> >  var xhrArgs = {
> > url : "/people/" + userId + "/@self",
> >  handleAs : "json",
> > headers : {
> > "Accept" : "application/json"
> >  }
> > };
> > var deferred = dojo.xhrGet(xhrArgs);
> >  deferred.addCallback(getPersonCallback);
> > deferred.addErrback(function(error) {
> >  alert("An unexpected error occurred: " + error);
> > });
> >
> > It would be great if you can let me know the possible changes to be done
> > make this working.
>
> Check catalina.out and see if the /people/* endpoint is being
> registered, if not, you might need to add a sca-contribution.xml and
> define "people" composite as deployable. See [1] for an example.
>
> [1]
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/photark/trunk/photark-webapp/src/main/webapp/META-INF/sca-contribution.xml

I added the people.composite and sca-contribution.xml to
photark-social-ui/src/main/webapp/META-INF

<contribution xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912"
              xmlns:photark="http://org.apache.photoark">
   <deployable composite="*photark:people*"/>
</contribution>

I hope "photark:people" above in the sca-contribution.xml is correct.

But still getting the same 404 error.

Unfortunately there are no log entries in the tomcat logs about end-point
registration.

Thanks,
~Umashanthi