From Subash Chaturanga <subash...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Requesting to get a while-listed API key for Apache PhotArk
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:54:05 GMT
Hi all,

This is the reply I got from face.com after requesting to white-list our API
key for the face recognition project.
WDYT ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan Barak <dan@face.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: Requesting to get a while-listed API key for Apache PhotArk
To: Subash Chaturanga <subashsdm@gmail.com>

Hi Subash and thanks for reaching out.

I'm Dan, the product manager at face.com.

PhotArk looks great and I'm sure it'll be a very useful tool. We'll be happy
to whitelist your API key and double the rate limits for your use.

When others will install and use PhotArk, they will have to create a
face.com account on their own and get a dedicated API key, since it's not
possible that all instances of the gallery will use the same face.comaccount.
This should be indicated in your documentation and shouldn't be a problem as
we'll always offer the rate-limited API for free.

One thing I wanted to ask from our end - please add
attribution<http://developers.face.com/docs/terms/attribution>to
face.com where it makes sense on the project's site.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Barak