From Subash Chaturanga <subash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding interpreting the face API results in front end
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 03:02:47 GMT
On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 2:46 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Subash Chaturanga <subashsdm@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >
> > When recognizing friends in an image, face API gives suggestions with the
> > evaluated confidence for all faces appears in the image.
> > So suppose there are 6 different people in an image and I am also
> appearing
> > in the picture . The API result can be like this.
> >
> > Yadav    80% confidence
> > Subash  92% confidence
> > Luciano  66% confidence
> > Suho      40%  confidence
> > Uma       35% confidence
> > Subash  18% confidence
> >
> > So he finds some another one of my friends who may have not yet trained,
> and
> > recognizes as me in a very low possibility.
> >
> > So how should I interpret the results in UI ?
> >
> > option1 - display as it is (all 6 as above)
> > option2 - Choose the highest confidence if duplicates found.
> >
> > I though if option 2 . WDYT ?

I also thought of going with option 2.

> What if we go with option 2, and it's a mistake, is there a way for
> the user to fix it by providing the proper person information?

I didn't get you Luciano ? Did you mean "it's a mistake"  referred to the
face API results with duplicates. This mainly happens when you trying to
recognize friends which you have not trained before. In such case it give
the best suggestion and thus a duplicate created.

--
Subash Chaturanga
University of Moratuwa

Blog -  http://subashsdm.blogspot.com/