From Subash Chaturanga <subash...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC 2011 Photark Face Recognition Update
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:13:42 GMT
Hi Luciano and all,

I have finished implementing both the Facebook Friend Finder app and the
Generic Friend Finder app (which is related to Luciano's idea which
recognizes people from a private name space). Also implemented the front end
support as well. I have also added a filter to those apps which filters the
genuine face recognition results where it always gives a known users with
the maximum confidence without any duplicates. This also keeps the current
user's Facebook access token(which is a constant for the lifetime of a
Facebook account where it allows offline access) in Local JCR under a
property of typical Photark user credentials. So user need to authenticate
the app only once, unless you clean the local repository.
I have updated all the related works in the Photark Face Recognition wiki
page.

The apps recognizes the images in the gallery while you navigate through
them. But when I gave the location of the image

//  var file_path =  document.getElementById("albumImage").src;

The face4j backend throws a download error exception, and when I asked that
from then face.com community, they said it is because I am trying it with
local host. And when I tried with a dummy Picasa URL, it works perfectly.
WDYT ??.

Thanks

--
Subash Chaturanga