From Avdhesh Yadav <...@avdheshyadav.com>
Subject Re: Social Features in PhotArk UI
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 16:04:56 GMT
On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Umashanthi Pavalanathan
> <umashanthip@gmail.com> wrote:
> > During an offline discussion with Luciano, we discussed about the UI
> > technology. Had two choices: dojo and jQuery; finally we decided to use
> > dojo, since it is being used in PhotArk UI already. In case if we need
> more
> > features we can get them from jQuery or some other library.
>
> What are the community thoughts about jQuery versus Dojo ? Should we
> consider anything other then dojo for the UI on the REST branch ?

jQuery and Dojo both are javascript frameworks and requires basic knowledge
of javascript to use these framework.

How about Using GWT for UI ?.One benefit of using GWT is that we develop UI
in java and no need to learn javascript(which i personally do not like).

--
Avdhesh Yadav
http://www.avdheshyadav.com