From Umashanthi Pavalanathan <umashant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making PhotArk More Social
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 20:40:32 GMT
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Umashanthi Pavalanathan
> <umashanthip@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Luciano & all,
> >
> > I've come up with a draft of a SocialAPI for PhotArk and documented here:
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1XfDqRsvR6DT1PrXHuJ7d47PDP2tQXFpU-bV-1Aj3BsE
> >
> > I would like to get your valuable suggestions & thoughts on this,
> please...
> >

> > Thanks,
> > ~Umashanthi
> >

> Looks good, how do you see the photo related events mapping to the
> structure you are proposing ? When a user create a new album, or
> receives a comment on a picture, these are all mapped to activities ?

Yes, exactly. These should be recorded as user activities when the
respective action happens.
What is the back-end storage mechanism expected for the future releases? Is
it the JCR mechanism?
I can have a look at it and come up with the storage structure of activities
etc.

 Also, how can we use the relationship of a person to apply security

> and enable who can see albums, photos, etc. ?

Yes, that part I missed to mention previously. There should be some concept
of privacy settings, applied for each of the users' resources ( user profile
content eg:email, photo albums, comments). Then we can have different
visibility options like: ANYONE,ONLY_FRIENDS, FRIENDS_OF_FRIENDS(in future)
and ONLY_ME. When the content is displayed to a user who's not the owner,
the relationship status between the two users can be checked with the
visibility option of the resource, and it can either be displayed to that
user or not.
Hope I've answered your question.

Thanks,
~Umashanthi