From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Display remote albums in gallery
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 04:38:40 GMT
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Subash Chaturanga <subashsdm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After adding remote albums in JCR repository, seems like it is not pretty
> straight forward to display them in gallery.
> The way initializeGallery() is implemented basically is to show images  from
> the local storage. But in this case we are accessing them remotely. In my
> previous patch, when i subscribe to remote albums they can be viewed at
> gallery and the admin page (but only image and album NAMES)  . Do we need to
> implement an overloaded method for initializeGallery().

The initializeGallery is executed only once, and it handles
initializing the sample albums from the fileSystem to the JCR
repository.

> Most likely we have to distinguish local and remote albums at the gallery
> init.(As we are following the same node structure as with local albums)
>
> Any suggestions please ?

I don't think the issue is really during init, but during read. We are
storing the remote albums all together with the other albums in the
same level at the repository, this causes the JCRGalleryImpl to find
the albums and then try to find a list of "images" for these albums
which in the case of remote albums is not available. If we tide up
that part, things should be more straightforward, and I guess we can
either modify the regular JCRGalleryImpl to handle both (delegating to
the RemoteAlbumPhotStream, or partition the JCR to better
differentiate these different type of albums.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende