From Stuart Johnson <stu...@stu.org.uk>
Subject Re: Google App Engine
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 12:11:11 GMT
  Hi Avdhesh,

No, Blobstore and Datastore are not the same.  Blobstore is more like
Amazon S3.  You have a key, and a binary blob of data.  All you can do
is insert and delete. Blobstore does not have the same restrictions on
the amout of data you can store.

There is one very interesting feature of Blobstore.  There is an
additional API, that will do image transformations on the fly.  For
example, you can specify the size of image you want, on retrieval.  So
there is no need to store thumbnails on all your uploaded images.
Details here:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/images/overview.html

Stuart.