From Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <suhotha...@gmail.com>
Subject gsoc project discussions
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:52:25 GMT
hi

I think all of you might be quite busy with the release... all the best!

if you have any other issues or bugs please let me know I'll try to
give my best contribution.
Since I'm quite new to PhotArk I'm now in the process of going through
the code base and familiarizing it.

if you do have time, please be kind enough to give your ideas for gsoc 2010.

when i was going through the mail archive i too found that last time
(2009) students were unfortunate and non of the PhotArk proposals were
accepted. I think this may have been caused by the poor preparation
and understanding of the students.

Since the student application period starts on 29th march I think we
should have a solid project plan before that.Therefore I thought of
starting on the projects quit early.

presently I'm working on the openID integration and after several
discussions with Avdhesh Yadev.
I have written a use-case diagram and scenario for the openID
integration project[1]. The url[2]

Please review them and if any changes or improvements need, please
discuss them in the mailing list so that I may find it easy to update
the documentation according to your conclusions.

I also welcome the other projects
Provide support for subscribing to Flickr albums (ATOM Feed based)[2]
Provide support for subscribing to Google Picasa albums (GData based)[3]

anyway I can't do all 3. But I'm also willing to take the challenge.
If any important thing is there to be done before openId integration
I'm willing to take up those parts and add them to the project and
adjust the project according to that.

I'm saying this because Apache is expecting the following things in
the proposal, which contains deliverables, quantifiable results for
the Apache community, a detailed description / design document, an
approach, an approximate schedule and something of a background text.
where “quantifiable results for the Apache community” is one of them
which I believe whatever I do should benefit the project and community
in great scale.

please give your views regarding the project so that I can write a
good proposal to gsoc.
I too kindly request all of you to support me in successfully
finishing this project.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOTARK-20
[2]http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfnmvjj8_0q37h6bgk
[3]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOTARK-19